The theme for the 2015 sculpture trail is “bush and beach”.
Now in its 3rd year, the Newport Sculpture Trail will exhibit from Friday 13 November to Monday 30 November 2015 in the Christmas shop window displays of Newport Beach.
the Newport Sculpture Trail in brief:
- In 2015, artworks must respond to the theme “bush and beach”; this can be through the concept, design elements, materials used, sculpting techniques etc
- A maximum of 30 art works will be selected for display in the Christmas window displays of Newport Beach shops. Shops displaying sculptures can be recognised by the box of Christmas-coloured flowers at their shopfront.
- Our definition of “sculpture” is not restrictive and can include any multi-dimensional designed and crafted art form
- Priority is given to artists resident of, or working in, Pittwater and Sydney’s Northern Beaches and works suitable for display in shop window environments.
- Artists may either sell their pieces on display, or their services, throughout the exhibition and the Newport Sculpture Trail takes no commission for sales.
- “People’s Choice Award” cash prize of $500.
Submissions for the 2015 Sculpture Trail are now closed.