Now in its 4th year, the Newport Sculpture Trail will exhibit from Saturday 12th November to Sunday 27th November in the window displays of the Newport Beach shopping village in the lead up to Christmas.
The theme for 2016 is “Anything Goes”. As for the theme, our definition of “sculpture” is broad and can include any multi-dimensional designed and crafted art form suitable for display in shop window environments.
- Priority will be given to submissions from artists living or working on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
- All submissions must be completed on our website newportsculpturetrail.com
- A NPBC selection panel along with our guest curator, Lorrie Morgan, will determine successful entries and all artists will be notified by email by mid-October.
- There is a $50 artist fee for successful applicants to assist with administration and marketing costs, including the display throughout the year on the Newport Sculpture Trail website.
- Up to 3 entries per artist may be submitted and the $50 fee will apply to each accepted entry.
- An invoice will be emailed to successful artists and must be paid within 7 days to confirm entries.
- Sculptures must remain on display for the duration of the sculpture trail – sold works can only be collected at the end of the trail.
- Each artist is responsible for their own insurance
- Sculptures, workshops or commissions may be advertised for sale be the artists alongside the work on exhibition. The Newport Sculpture Trail takes NO COMMISSION and the artist is totally responsible for the sale.
- Artist is responsible for supplying a white plinth to exhibit their work on, and viewing their allocated window space prior to installation
- Delivery, installation and removal of work is the responsibility of the artist
- All signage and price tickets will be provided using information from the application form
- The People’s Choice Award cash prize of $500 will be announced on the website and social media the week following the trail.
In submitting your entry, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the entry guidelines above and the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
Any images of your entry sculptures must be emailed to email@example.com after you have submitted your online application form and by the 30th September at the latest.
Any enquiries should be made to the Artist Coordinator, Patsy Clayton-Fry on 0403 817 341.