The theme for the 2016 sculpture trail is “anything goes”.
Now in its 4th year, the Newport Sculpture Trail will exhibit from Saturday 12 November to Sunday 27 November 2016 in the Christmas window displays of Newport Beach shopping village.
the Newport Sculpture Trail in brief:
- In 2016, “anything goes” is the theme for the trail, giving artists completely free range
- A maximum of 30 art works will be selected for display in the Christmas window displays of Newport, Pittwater’s shops. Shops displaying sculptures can be recognised by the box of Christmas-coloured flowers at their shopfront.
- Our definition of “sculpture” is not restrictive and can include any multi-dimensional designed and crafted art form.
- Priority is given to artists resident of, or working in, Sydney’s Northern Beaches and works suitable for display in shop window environments.
- Artists may either sell their pieces on display, or their services, throughout the exhibition and the Newport Sculpture Trail takes no commission for sales.
- “People’s Choice Award” cash prize of $500
- Voters prize: a $100 shopping voucher to spend on any of the sculptures or at the participating shops; a $50 voucher redeemable against a customisable t-shirt from Design65 tshirts in Coles Pde
Submissions for the 2016 Sculpture Trail closed on 30th September.